Yay!! You’re a new Christian. Welcome to the family! You may find yourself asking, now what? Below are a few things you can do, to continue to grow closer to God. I like to keep in mind that I’m always going to be a work in progress. Will we get to be perfection, absolutely not. Like I said, we’re all a work in progress.
- You just accepted and welcomed Jesus into your life. Now Go Tell Someone!! You can tell a Christian friend or a Pastor. Someone who will help you grow in your walk .
- Confess /Repent of your sins and ones you don’t remember. It’s okay to tell God you don’t remember past sins from long ago, he already knows them. Just something as simple as saying “ God, I am a sinner, I don’t remember some of my sins, but I know you do. I ask for forgiveness of those I can’t recall as well.”
- Find a Bible believing Church.
- Be baptized.
- Purchase a Bible. Before you decide to conquer reading the entire Bible. A good starting point for a new believer would be the Gospels. I began With Matthew, some prefer to start with John first.
- Make time for God. Daily Bible reading, and Prayer. Prayer is a conversation with God. I like to talk to Jesus, as if you and I were having coffee at my kitchen table. You’ll have to find what prayer style fits you best. There’s no right or wrong way to pray. Just talk to Him.
- Make connections with other believers, you can also seek a mentor. Also, you can join a Bible study either at church or online.