In all parts of life, God teaches us many lessons and prepares us for tough times. Grieving because of losing a loved one is one of those tough times. I admit that my grief is one of the hardest things to overcome, but I know I can make it through challenging times.
When you think of grief, do your thoughts take you to memories of a loved one who passed away? What about a loved one who disengaged themselves from your life? Other things we grieve can also include— job loss, a chronic illness, a terminal diagnosis, personal injury, divorce, retirement, the loss of a pet, foreclosure of a home, a change in living conditions, and so much more.
On days when I am feeling blue and missing my disengaged loved one or having a flare from chronic illness, I rely on my faith in Jesus to lift my spirit back up. I know that if I allow myself to dwell in the sadness, it is easy for it to become a part of me.
I lean heavily on the shoulders of my Creator because I know that is where my strength and guidance come from. I remind myself to call out to him for help when I need it. I know support is right there, waiting for me to take it.
I am comforted when I pray for healing. I am reminded that God is working behind the scenes for my loved one and me. Even if I can’t see it or understand his plan. That knowledge is enough for me to gather my strength and move on.
Today, because of Him, I know I have the strength to make it through grief and sorrow. I am confident that my Creator can heal my pain and help me move onward.
- Do I understand that grieving is a natural part of life?
- How can I use my spiritual strength to help uplift me from my grief?
- What actions can I take to build my faith?
Sweet Tea & Friends is a MONTHLY PARTY and will run from 1:00 am on the 1st of every month through 11:55 pm on the 18th of the month. You can learn more about us HERE and grab a button.
1. For bloggers, Link up to 4 of your Christian, faith, family-friendly posts. Feel free to link up your Crafting, DIY, recipes/ Cooking, Gardening, Photography, Lifestyle, Travel, Health & Beauty, Fashion, Parenting, Grandparenting, Home Making, Homescapes & Tablescapes, Outdoor and Decorating. Also, feel free to link up any older posts that may need some love and attention too.
2. Link to a specific blog post (URL of a specific post)—(not your website). Feel free to link up any older posts that may need some love and attention too.
3. Show some love. Visit your neighbor or at least 2 others and comment to let them know that what they wrote touched you or you appreciated their post.
4. For Readers, please feel free to click on the blue button below to visit other writers’ blog posts. You will find Christian content, encouragement, inspiration, and many lifestyle and homestyle content you will surely enjoy.
Kindly Link Back To The Host Post or Blog
Have Fun Visiting!!!
Linking Up with these fabulous sites Inspire Me Monday Remember Me Monday InstaEncouragements Tell His Story Recharge Wednesday Grace At Home Let’s Have Coffee Thankful Thursday Little Things Thursday Friendship Friday Grace & Truth Hearth & Soul